Ok, so she turned 4 almost a month ago, but it was such a fun day, we have to share it with all of you. Rather than a big friends party for Braedyn we decided to do a little family getaway a few days before. Troy, Braedyn, Brittney and I went to the Holiday Inn here in Omaha, which has a Coco Keys indoor water park. We went down about five at night and ate at Pizza Hut inside the water park and then spent the evening swimming, racing with the girls around the lazy river and letting Braedyn go down the slides at the kiddy pool while Brittney splashed in the water. The girls slept so great in the hotel and the next morning we ate breakfast and then swam until the late afternoon. It was such a fun, effortless getaway. Something we definitely needed during this unrelenting, cold winter. I think it is important to get away from the house with my little family and just enjoy each other. I know the girls really loved having us focused on them for 24 hours. Braedyn's actual birthday was fun too. Braedyn and I went to see "Bee Movie" in the afternoon. Braedyn called it a Big Girl Date. Then she picked her birthday dinner - spaghetti. That evening we just invited family to stop by and have cake at any time. It was a a relaxed evening of grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncle stopping by. Braedyn had time to open and enjoy her presents with each person. I think she had a great birthday. I really enjoyed getting to focus on her for the whole day. My little girl is four years old. 
She told me just what to make - Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with M&M's on top

Alex and Ryan gave her Barbie Maraposa - a big hit!

Grandma Becca gave her a new Vsmile game

Grandpa Rick and Grandma Jill gave her a Beau dog that licks - crazy! Wade and Becki gave her a new coloring kit.

Grandpa Bip gave her new markers
8 comments:
CoCo Key is a fun place to visit! We took our family there a few months ago and we had a blast! The only thing that went wrong was two of the kids ended up getting sick as soon as we got home.
Hey Lora! I'd love to add a link to your blog on our blog. Is that okay? I'm new at this and still trying to figure it out.
sounds like so much fun! Braedyn is so srinkin' cute. Can't get over her glasses. They make her look so old.
i meant stinkin' cute :)
How fun...we should try that place out before we leave.
What a fun birthday! I'm glad to hear that you can keep it simple and still have a great time. She is so cute and it was fun seeing pictures of your whole family. Next week, we're going to a place similar to Coco Keys called Great Wolf Lodge. I can't wait for a little family get-a-way. It's a celebration of our family of 4 before it becomes a family of 5! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for sharing.
Lora, I just found your blog on the Lunds' blog! What a great idea for celebrating a birthday!
Hi Lora! I just found your blog at Mandi's. I love seeing your beautiful family. We also have a blog with pics of all the boys you can check out.
Post a Comment