Monday, June 2, 2008

Our Cruise

We went on a cruise about a month ago. We had so much fun. The Royal Caribbean ship Enchantment of the Seas was our voyage vessel and it was beautiful. We went with Jenny and Jadie Giorgis and they were awesome cruisin' buddies. I would go on another cruise tomorrow if I could. It is definitely a fun, exciting, and relaxing way to vacation. We may not have had days and days to chill on the beach but we did have rock climbing, comedy shows, hula hoop and belly flop contests by the pool (no we didn't compete in either), awesome excursions, fantastic dinners, and the friendliest staff on ship helping us have a fun, stress-free time. I am still missing Troy's and my runs on the top of the ship - in the middle of the ocean, and well...I just miss our undivided time together. My husband is my favorite cruisin' buddy. Key West, Belize, and Cozumel were our ports. What beautiful places. Here are the pics... A dorky picture of me, but a a good shot of our ship ported in Cozumel, Mexico
Our boat departing from Ft. Lauderdale. It was so cool up to be at the top of the ship when it shipped out.


The southernmost point of the continental U.S. in Key west. We took a little trolley tour of the town. It was fun to see all the different historical sites of Key West...Earnest Hemmingway's House, Jimmy Buffet's house and so much more. We went snorkeling in Cozumel and in Belize we took an ATV ride through the jungle and saw Mayan Caves. For pictures of that, check out the Giorgis' blog. She was good and brought her camera all the time ...unlike us.


Our room was small, but it didn't feel like it. It is bigger than it looks in the picture. It was cute with all these little nooks and cranny's for our stuff. Or room attendant was great at keepin it so clean. The Giorgis' room had a connecting door. It was fun to be neighbors.


Our room attendant would make the cutest towel animals when he turned down our bed for the night. I am not sure if this is a doggie or an elephant.


What do you think this one is? A Penguin..with arms?



We jumped on a Bungee trampoline on the top deck of the ship. It was pretty exhilarating to jump up above the ship in the middle of the ocean. I think I just really liked being in the middle of the ocean :)

The rock climbing was on the top deck as well. We felt cool - although we didn't look it.

The formal dinner night was a lot of fun. We had two other great couples to at our table. We sat together every night. By the end of the trip we were sadly hugging goodbye. The food was soooo good. I discovered that I don't love duck, but I sure do love lobster. Of course, the desserts were my favorite.

The "My Fair Lady" dining room was beautiful. It had two levels. We loved to watch the ocean and the sunset while we ate dinner.

This is just one of the displays at the midnight buffet. It was amazing the art they could make with food.

Me and my buddy Jenny. Yeah...it's windy up there.

Goodbye ship. We still miss you.

3 comments:

Soelbergs said...

OH - it looks like so much fun!!!! We'll have to do that sometime. Miss you!

Jen Giorgis said...

sigh...........I am still kicking and screaming that I didn't want to leave. I can't wait for another vacation and hope that it can again be with the Thompsons. We had a blast with you guys and are greatful for the cherished memories.

Rapp Family said...

SOOOO Jealous! I'm dying for a vacation, especailly a cruise. I just love being waited upon and never having to worry about cooking or cleaning up. Not to mention, not having to get up with the kids in the middle of the night. You guys look great and it sounds like it was a blast. It was so good to see you this last month. We should see more of eachother =)