Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Girls' Weekend

My friends, Jennifer, Lauren, and I surprised Erica by flying down to Mesa to visit her. We were all close friends when we all lived in Omaha. It was so fun to be there for the luncheon that that her sister gave Erica before she had her baby. It was a great excuse to reunite as friends and have a quick girls' weekend.
Erica is always so beautiful when she is pregnant. It was good to see her so close to her due date. We got to feel her little girl kicking and pushing her mommy's tummy all around. It was fun to help her mom and sister decorate for the shower. Everything came together just perfectly.

Everyone wore white for the luncheon. We all looked great with the beautiful decorations. I loved getting to see Alan and Erica's family. They make me feel like family.
Here we are at Tia Rosa's. We loved this restaurant so much we went there twice while we were there. Fantastic Mango Chicken Salads!!
I appreciated the chance to be with my three girls again. After almost two years apart, we played and laughed like there has been no distance at all. We are lucky to have each other.

4 comments:

The Goffs said...

Lora it was sooo great to catch up and thanks for kicking my trash during our little jog. You are a wonderful friend and I miss you! We need to do something again sooner than later. I love my post of you with the martinelli. I want that one you have of us with our tongues out.

Mark and Jana said...

That is so wonderful that you can get together with your good friends. I'm very happy for you guys.

Soelbergs said...

It was SO much fun! I love being with you, Lora.

Sheri said...

So fun to see pics from your trip - it looks like you had so much fun. I love that everyone wore white for the shower, what a cool idea.