I am always wishing their were cooler festivites around Christmas time for us to do. When I found out Village Pointe (Shopping Center) does a Santa Parade and Tree-lighting ceremony Troy new he was in for a cold night. It started with a kids' holiday concert in the amphitheatre and then a parade down the strip.

Brittney fell asleep on the way there. She slept through almost the whole concert.

The String Beans (like the Wiggles, but not so freaky) did a kids concert. Braedyn danced for the whole hour. They served hot cider and cookies to keep us warm.

Santa was a little late. "He had a little sleigh trouble over Vancouver." Brittney was freezing at this point.

The parade was worth the wait. Rudolph, the Grinch, Santa's Elves all lead the parade with Santa following in a lighted Cinderella carriage. That really got the girls excited. When Santa turned the switch to light up the Christmas tree, their faces lit up right with it. It was a great family night. I am glad my mom could be there too.
6 comments:
You're such a good Mom. I'm always trying to be more creative and not so boring for Ava. Don't you love Christmas with kids. It is so much more fun. I told Jen this too, but LOVED the movie Twilight. I finally get the hype and finished reading the series. Edwards golden eyes...HELLO. Oh yeah, and Malachi loves it too. He is now going to read the books. Good thing he works with a lot of tools or I might be worried...just kidding I love that we can love it together. Miss you...
So cute!!! I am glad to know about that as well. We'll have to go next year! Love the new blog backround as well. I am mighty impressed;)
Hey it's Jamie Brummmer, found out you had a blog. Troy's cousin in case you didn't remember. Our family has some blogs too, check them out. I'm glad you guys have one so we can keep up with you.
jamiebrummer.blogspot.com
brummerfamily.blogspot.com
jonianddaniel6.blogspot.com
Love you guys
Cute pictures! I really like your new background! I still wish we had our cameras at Storytime with Santa, maybe next year!
I love the pic of Brittany sitting on Troy's shoulders looking pissed as all get out. Darling! Thanks for posting!
What a fun night! You are a brave woman to battle the cold like that for your girls. It looks like it paid off because Braedyn had a blast. What a cute family. Have a wonderful Christmas and we'll see you sometime next year!
Post a Comment