Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ready or not, here I come...

Tonight, I was reminded that when we do simple things together as a family, we have the most fun. Finally, at 8 o'clock we got around to doing family night. We didn't have anything planned so it was a short story about Jonah in the Bible and then Hide and Seek. Hearing the girls giggle from their hiding places and waiting like a child in my own hiding spot, it was the most fun I had all day. It is a comfort to be reminded that I don't have to be the most creative mother, I just have to find time for simple moments with my little family.

Breadyn hiding in the tub.

Troy helped Britt get under the blankets in the back of her closet. Too bad the music box she turned on in there was a quick clue for her spot.

We love our little girls!!

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Liam and Jonas' new favorite game is hide and seek. The funny thing is Liam always hides in the last place I hid. I agree about the simple moments. It makes my kids so happy when I'll take even a few minutes to play anything with them.

Your girls are so cute!

Jen Giorgis said...

I Love it!!! Big smiles on my face :) I can only imagine all the giggles that were had we by all!!!

Mark and Jana said...

That makes me feel better about not be such a creative mom. I used to be but then I had 4 kids. :)

Suzanne Unck said...

Sounds like fun. Natalie and I just got done playing 'hide - and seek' before her nap, well more like mom run faster than Natalie, so that she can 'find' me. Yes, I think we will find out what we are having. The suspense is too intense and I'm afraid that if I didn't find out at 20 weeks, we would just break down and find out sometime between 22-40 weeks, so that would be dumb. I think I will find out around the beg. of March! I'm feeling great. The second trimester is the easiest! I'm so excited to have another baby.

Love your cute girls!

Anonymous said...

your girls are dolls :) Great idea !

Rapp Family said...

I haven't done hide 'n seek in a long time. Thanks for the reminder. My kids will love it. You're such a cute mom, with adorable girls! Miss you guys.

Britt said...

That is so sweet, and such a great reminder.

The Goffs said...

Those simple moments are the sweetest. I love the early mornings just laying in bed with the girls. So sweet. Good for you doing your family home evening :)

Soelbergs said...

So SO TRUE!!! Thanks for reminding me.