Sunday, October 5, 2008

Please give me S'more

We finally managed to go on a family camping trip this weekend. The girls have never been before and we knew they would love it. Jadie and Jenny decided to come with us too. We found a great spot right by the river. A family trip to Wal-Mart had us coming home with pink sleeping bags and pink "roly-poly" lanterns for Braedyn and Britt, and a new LED flashlight for Troy (he just can't resist any kind of "necessary" gadget), and nice warm sleeping bag for me. We had a roaring fire, made S'mores, played with Glo Sticks, played ball with the kids, and drank lots of warm cider and hot chocolate. It was such a great night. We want to go again soon and even invite some more of our friends to come next time. Too bad it is October already. We might have to wait until spring.

My husband is a master camper. He had everything set up in no time. Thank you Boy Scouts.
They loved the tent and their pink beds so much that they spent the first half hour playing house in the tent. Bedtime was no issue. They hopped right in and went right to sleep.
The Men of the Camp.

Mmmmm! Gotta love those S'mores!! Did you know they are really good with peanut butter on them?
We had to do some dorky pictures. I love my buddy, Jenny.
Here is my master camper pouring the hot apple cider that he just warmed up on his camp stove.

I loved hanging snuggling with my hubby by the fire.
Jadie had gotten a nice fire going for us before we even woke up. The girls were thrilled to have Hot Chocolate with Breakfast.
Braedyn busied herself by making leaf piles to jump in.
I thought this was a sweet picture of Brittney. She nestled down on her blanket and "read" to herself while we made breakfast.
Our kids are the classic boy and girls. Mine played house in the tent while Kimball wanted to play with the fire. He was quick to get something in there when we weren't looking. He found every stick, leaf, and even paper cup to drop in there.
I love this picture of Fleagle. She is a good little camper. Nemo got to have a slumber party with Grandma Jill's dogs.
My adorable little family. I loved getting out in nature with them.

11 comments:

Jen Giorgis said...

Ahhh...I am so glad that we were able to go and make s'more fun family memories together. I know that I will cherish these days that we have had with great friends. You guys are the best. Thanks to Troy as well for putting up with my, how should I say it, ornery-ness!

Julie said...

Your kids are adorable! It is fun to see your family growing up! You and Troy were old souls together. The perfect match!

Sheri said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the pic of the girls in the tent!

Mark and Jana said...

Camping is such a fun thing to do. I haven't gone in years. You have inspired me to actually do it.

lacey said...

Looks like so much fun! Hopefully we will be able to go with you sometime!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you guys cannot get any cuter. The girls just get bigger and bigger with every pic! Too cute and fun! I'm jealous of the s'mores!

Soelbergs said...

SO FUN!!! We're going this weekend for our ward campout. I can't believe how old Brittney is. I haven't seen her forever!!!

TR said...

You guys make it look so easy! I'm glad you had a good time.

Tracey said...

Lora!!!

Jeni found my blog and I found your blog on her blog. Your girls are so cute. Good job you two! Takes me back to the old days with Dirty Dancing and Baked Tostitos!

Tracey Hanson (Dannelly)
http://traceyandben.blogspot.com/

Mike and Chiye said...

Hey Lora I blogstocked you through Mandi's site. How are you!! Your family is beautiful, aren't girls the best?! Looks like you guys had a great time camping!!! Check out our blog when you get the chance.
Michiye

Suzanne Unck said...

Hey Lora, I had a ton of fun too while I was there. I'm so glad I have a good friend there in Omaha, since we visit often! Looks like our plans for Christmas might me changing a little bit, but we will still be there. Hope all is well. Tyler is back in school today, after a two fall break so were glad!